Bugbrooke Medical Practice
We are looking for an experienced financial lead to work 20 hours a week providing accounts and financial administration support to our friendly motivated team. The role requires timely and accurate preparation of financial information for accounting and statutory reporting purposes as well as compliance with regulatory requirements. Some aspects of the job (time sheets, payroll) are outsourced and we also employ the services of an accountancy firm. Working hours can be flexible. Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Sage is desirable and experience in Primary Care would be helpful, although not essential. The Financial Officer reports to the partners.
£15-17 per hour depending on experience
About the Practice:
Bugbrooke Medical Practice is an average-sized GMS dispensing practice with four GP Partners on a single purpose-built site. We provide high quality care to our list of 10,800 patients and also deliver supportive progressive training to Nursing and Medical Students as well as Trainee doctors. Bugbrooke is a semi-rural village in the picturesque countryside on the outskirts of Northampton and has good access to the M1. Our Practice Area is outlined in the map below.
The position carries responsibility for aspects of primary care finances including:
• Completion and submission of VAT Returns to HMRC (under instruction of accountants)
• Tax and Superannuation
• Invoice Reconciliation and Payments
• Raise invoices for non NHS Contracted work
• Reconcile receipt of monies to invoices and claims
• Check time sheet data compiled by third party
• Oversee staff payroll and pensions
• Reconciliation of partnership drawings (and credit card management)
• Reconciling the Bank Accounts, (two current and one savings accounts)
• Provide annual information and supportive schedules to the accountants for preparation of the annual accounts and resolve queries prior to Partners accountants meeting
• Monitor cash income into the Practice (including Petty Cash)
• Maintain and review contracts with suppliers
• Represent the dispensary in dealings with pharmaceutical companies and suppliers
• Maintain relationships with the neighbouring Bugbrooke Pharmacy, this includes liaising with the Pharmacy regarding rent, services and utilities.
• Oversee building maintenance and repairs
• Finance governance
Personal / Professional Development
The post-holder will participate in an annual individual performance review (appraisal) and take responsibility for their development and learning.
For Further Information Please contact Dr William Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org
or Michelle Wall email@example.com
Closing Date for applications – Sunday 5th July 2020