Medical Administrator/Receptionist Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our team at Denton Village Surgery.
A small, friendly practice situated in rural South Northants, between Northampton and Bedford but also within easy travelling distance of Milton Keynes and Wellingborough.
You must be computer literate with experience of Microsoft Word and Excel, good keyboard accuracy, plus have good hand writing and communication skills. Audio typing skills would be advantageous. Good customer service and telephone skills are essential to be able to deal with patients in a courteous and confidential manner. You must be keen to learn, have a good understanding of confidentiality, be adaptable to the different work required and have a clean and tidy appearance.
Working as part of our busy Admin/Reception team, duties include:
• Meeting and greeting patients
• Answering the telephone
• Booking appointments onto our computerised system
• Updating database records
• Dealing with requests or messages for the doctors and nurses
• Signposting patients to appropriate services
• Secretarial work / clinical coding
• Any other general admin duties as required (e.g. processing post, electronic documents and dealing with online requests and insurances).
Due to the location of the surgery, having a reliable source of transport is essential. Free parking is available on site.
Full-time - 35 hours per week
Suitable candidates will be able to work flexibly between the hours of 07:30 and 18:30 Monday to Friday.
Sample hours (TBC):
Month one - 07:30-14:30 Monday to Friday
Month two - 11:30-18:30 Monday to Friday
5 weeks Annual Leave per year plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
Generous NHS Pension Scheme
£9.00 per hour
Denton Village Surgery