A new opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Administrator to join our team at Wootton Medical Centre. We are looking for someone to work 30 hours over 5 days, Monday to Friday.
As Clinical Administrator, you will be responsible for data processing and data entry of clinical data, summarising medical records and general administration and secretary duties.
Previous primary care or NHS experience would be an advantage but not essential. If you have a willingness to learn, attention to detail, strong organisation and communication skills and enjoy a challenge this role is for you.
This is a responsible role which requires someone with strong IT skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
The Clinical Administrator role is varied. You will be responsible for allocating incoming test results, discharge summaries to the appropriate members of staff, summarise and coding patient’s records, filing notes and carrying out duties requested by clinicians.
You will process electronic and paper documents via SystmOne, will assist with vaccination clinics as required and be familiar with reception procedures to assist this department if needed. You will also be required to carry out photocopying, scanning, data entry, sending post and filing as necessary.
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills, a compassionate and friendly nature, together with the ability to work in a demanding environment and an aptitude for great customer service.
You will provide high quality administration services to patients, doctors and colleagues.
Overview of Organisation:
About Wootton Medical Centre - we are a friendly and supportive GP surgery, providing a high standard of care to around 7,250 patients.
We have a multidisciplinary team of GPs, Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistant, Phlebotomy, First Contact Physiotherapist, Paramedic, Clinical Pharmacists, Social Prescribers and Receptionists providing a comprehensive service to our patients
We are part of the ParkWood Primary Care Network (PCN) working collaboratively with Denton Village Surgery and The Parks Medical Practice.
We are a small team with an open & honest ethos, everybody is valued & opinions are heard.
Our VISION is:
‘To provide the highest quality primary healthcare to our patients in a safe and supportive environment, with clinical excellence at the heart of everything we do, whilst working within local and national governance, guidelines and regulations’.
Our core values shared among the GP Partners and staff are:
We have always prided ourselves on providing high quality medicine in a traditional family practice setting, engaging with external agencies such as PCNs, CCGs, hospitals, community teams, ensuring that our services meet the needs of our patient group.
The clinical administrator will be responsible for daily management of the test results, coding and summarising within the practice. This is a responsible role and requires someone with strong IT skills and accuracy when dealing with complex data entry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The following are the core responsibilities of the Clinical Administrator. This job description is not meant to be exhaustive and you will be required to carry out any other duties as required either on a permanent basis or duties that may be required from time to time:
• Review the incoming test results each day, file normal results & reallocate results for clinicians
• Carry out tasks as requested from clinicians
• Action discharge summaries and allocate as necessary
• Medical data entry and clinical coding
• Check the practice email boxes & process information / documents as required
• Process electronic documents via the practice clinical system
• Act as a point of confidential liaison between the clinicians and patients
• Summarising of patient records
• Assist with registrations, deductions, arrival and return of medical records
• Assist with vaccination clinics as required
• Photocopying, scanning, data entry, sending post and filing as required
• Be familiar with SystmOne clinical system for data entry, appointments and all aspects as required for your position
• Be familiar with reception procedures to assist this department if needed
• Any other tasks allocated by the Practice Manager and / or GP Partners
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English
• Medical Records Summarising qualification
• Data entry and data processing experience
• Competent user of Office software
• Experience of using database in an employment environment
• Administration experience
• Knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel or similar)
• Customer Service experience or working with the general public
• Experience of working within primary care or NHS environment
• Experience in using SystmOne software, including performing searches.
• Understanding of clinical coding
Skills & Ability:
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Well organised, with good time management skills
• A solutions focused approach
• Clear polite telephone manner
• Ability to follow policy and procedure
• Discreet and able to preserve confidentiality
• Good IT, literacy and numeracy skills
Attitude, Aptitude & Personal Characteristics:
• Enthusiasm, with energy and drive
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, using own judgement and determine own priorities
• Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
• Accurate and thorough approach
• Comfortable working to agreed objectives with the ability to work without supervision
• Proactive and able to use own initiative
• Interested in / aptitude for learning new skills / taking on a new challenge
• Ability to provide support and cross cover at most levels